Constitution of Iranian Association of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (IAGH)
- Chapter 1: General
- Art: 1. Subject to approval in session 262 of 7.8 to issued by cultural Revolution high council and the related regulation, the scientific Association of Iranian Association of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is established on the basis of contingent articles. It is hereinafter called, “Association”
- Art. 2. The “Association merely functions on scientific, scholarly, special and technical backgrounds. Its members are not entitled to exercise any political activities or to be affiliated to factions and political parties is the name of association.
- Art. 3. It is a none – Profit Association and is a corporate body from the data of aproval of commission of article 4 subject as passed by is in session 262 of cultural Revolution high council and as registered in Reg. Adminstration. Its chairman of the board of directors is a legal representative of the Associacian.
- Art.4. The head office of the Association is Locatod in Tehran and its divisions can be in any region of the country.
- Art. 5. It has an Iranian nationality.
- Art. 6. The association is valid for an indefinite of the date of approval of it and is governed by the laws of of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Chapter 2: Jobs description and aims.
- Art. 7. In order to achieve the goals as included in article 2 of “Association”, Following measures will be taken:
- 7-1- Establish a scientific, technical, research, educational relations and on exchange of views between scholars, experts and other technician involved in dealing with varied branches of digesto – liver system pathalogies.
- 7.2. Cooperate with ministry of health, treatment and medical training, universities and research & development institutes to plan training, R&D, conference and re-training.
- 7.3. Evaluate and check training programs and researches and present necessary proposals necessary proposals for the said issues.
- 7.4. offer training, scientific, research and technical services
- 7.5. Persuade scientists, researchers, scholars, and medical students to advance scientific, scholarly and educational activities.
- 7.6. Compile, develop, edit and publish scientific literature and hold R&D and retraining program conferences both internally and externally by observing national applicable laws and regulations.
- Chapter 3. Membership
- Art. 8
- Membership in the Association has following types
- 8.1. Associate or connected. Membership: the constitutive board of Association and all individuals who majors or highly major in one of the digesto – liver system diseases branches or sub-branches can be affiliated to the Association as members as per rules included in this constitution.
- 8.2. Dependent membership: Qualified persons can become a dependent member.
- All those who hold PH.D degrees from one of the medical fields and are equiralently qualified as a major or a high major as to be validated by any competent authority in any one of medical science university or in national medical system administration can become a member.
- 8.3. Honorary or courtesy membership. Iranian and expatricate personalities whose scientific positions are of especial importance or have contributed to the advancement of Associations, objectives in an effective way can become honoroble members.
- 1. Dependent members can be selected as associate ones after they have been qualified or approved by board of directors.
- 2. Associate members need to satisfy the requirements as imposed by constituent board and board of directors as included in Article 7 of Regulation on how the commission was held and on what are their job descriptions as per article 4 approved by session 262 of cultural revolution high council.
- Art. 9: Any member is bound to pay annually a total sum of money as membership fee as specified by board of directors and as ratified by general Assembly.
- Note: Membership fee creates no claim for any member as having a right to the assets of the Association whatsever.
- Art. 10: membership will teminate if any following items occurs:
- 10.1. written form
- 10.2. If a member defaults to pay his annual membership fee on lead time determined by board of directors.
- 10.3. A Declined membership requirement and proven sentence issued by a basic or high disciphiary body of Med. System organization. For interim of permanent privation of medical practice.
- 1. Membership Suspense period of time is equal to that of medical practice privation.
- 2. Final decision on non – acceptance or terminated membership, If confirmed and validated by supervisory board over associations, as stipulated in para.7, Article 13 of Regulation, will be made by board of directors.
- 3. Chapter 4. Elements of Association:
- Association is composed of the following elements:
- 11.1 General Assembly
- 11.2 Board of dierctors
- 11.3 Auditor
- One. General Assembly
- Art. 12. General assembly is established by assembling of associate members of the assembly in two following forms.
- 12.1. Ordinary general assembly which is formed once a year and considers the routine practices of the assembly and which can be also formed in emergency cases in an extra-ordinary form.
- 12.2. An extra-ordinary general assembly which is formed in emergency cases to make necessary amendments in the constition or make a desicision on whether it is necessary to disband the assembly. The outcomes of this decision making will be carried into force after the approval of article 4 subject commission and as ratified by session 262 of cultural revolution of High council. General assemblies are formed as called by board of directors or auditor or 1.5% of associate members.
- 1. Ordinary and extra-ordinary assembly meetings will be each formally attended by half+1 members as a minimum. All decisions will be made by a majorily of votes.
- 2. Gneral assemblies elect at its first meeting a person amongst the members as chairman of the assembly and two other persons as secretaries. The data and pace of meeting as well as agenda of the meeting of ordinary and extra-ordinary assemblies are notified to all members one month prior to the meeting through advertisements or by written invitation as demanded.
- 3. If a necessary quorum is not obtained to establish the meetings whether those for ordinary meeting or that of extraordinary, then within one month of the date of first meeting the second meeting will be held by re-inviting in the same manner the members. This time the assemble will be formed by any number of the attended members.
- Art. 13: The duties of ordinary general assembly are
- 13.1. Hear the reports given by board of directors and auditor, locking into the reports and decide on reports given concerning the “association’s” annual activities.
- 13.2. Decide on association’s balance sheet and budget and estimate the membership fee
- 13.3. Appoint or remove board of directors members
- 13.4. Appoint a member as an original auditor and one more as an alternate or substitute one.
- 13.5. Approve all regulations, by laws and executive laws. To advance the association’s affairs as proposed by board of directors
- 13.6. Choose a widely – Circulated newspaper to publish all the association’s advertisements.
- Note In all meetings of the general assemblies, the representative, as referred to in note 1, article 10 of the regulation will be called to attend the meeting. If the fails to attend the meeting, it will not be convened as it is not acthenticated.
- B. Board of directors.
- Art. 14: The members of board of directors is composed of seven people of whom two are appointed as reserves or substitutes. The said members are elected by ballots among associate members biannually. Their re-election is of nodifficulty. Membership in the board of directors is honorary.
- Note: The meeting of board of directors is held at least once every two months (bimonthly) and is formalized by the attendance of two third of members. Decisions – making is subject to a majority of votes.
- Art 15. The board of directors will at its first meeting appoint one member as chairman, one as vice-chairmean and one as a managing director (as demanded) and one as a exchequer by a majority of witten votes of its members.
Art. 18. The association will have one original auditor one substitule one (alternate one) who is apponed by ballots from among the associate members once a year in ordinary general assembly meeting.
Art. 19. Auditor has following duties:
19.1. Review all financial papers and documents or the Association and prepare a report to be submitted to the general assembly.
19.2. Review annual report whether financial or otherwise given by board of directors and prepare a report purporting the association’s performances and submit it to general assembly.
19.3. Report on any breach of association provisions by board of directors to general assembly.
19.4. Call the general assembly to convene as needed.
Art. 20. Auditor may attend the meetings of board of directors without vote. He can receive at any time the financial books and other documents from board of directors and look into them.
Art. 21. At the end of any fiscal year, chairman of board of directors shall provide with the auditors a report on annual Orerations of Association and its balance sheet at least 45 days prior to the establishment of the first annual meeting of general assembly for validation and any consideration.
Art. 22. The financial Sources of the association are:
22.1. Membership fees paid by the members
22.2. Danations and Contributions.
Chapter 5. Areas in which the Association can e wound up.
Art. 23. The association may be disbanded for whatsoever reasons if requested by board of directors, auditor or one third of its associate members and approved by extra ordinary general assembly.
Art. 24. The extraordinary general assembly that dicides to wind up the association also insures that aliquidation body should be established to liquidate the association aud determine its period of service.
Art. 25, Liquidation body. Submits it operations report to the extra-ordinary general assembly at annual meeting, the termination time of liquidation shall meet to the approval of extraordinary general assembly, published by one official gazette and one widely circulated newspaper and inform ministry of Health, Treatment and medical Training of it.
Note: The remaining assets of association shall be donated to any one of mational training and R&D institutes after its debts and costs have been liquidated as ratified by board of directors.
- 1. Chairman of board of directors will be respanjible to mauage the routines of the association and carrying into effect all boards of director’s approvals and he is also a legal representative of association’s body corporate wit different authorities. He will attend in planning council of high – tec and specialized societies in the association as represeuted by association.
- 2. Signing of negotiable papers will be up to chairman of board of directors affixed with the signature of exchequer, seal by the association and fromal administratine plans will be up to chairman of board of directors and upto rice chairman if chaiman is absent.
- 3. If any member of board of directors fails to attend the general assembly meeting for three consecutive periods or for fine alternate ones without good excuse as diagnosed by board of directors, he will be known as resigned.
- 4. If any member of board of directors is resigned, remoed or died, his substitute or reserve will be appointed as a member for the rest of period of embership
- Art. 16. Board of directors is bound to take immediate action after his tenure to convene geenral assembly and elect new board of directors within a maximum of four mouths and submit the results with minute of general assembly to ministry of health, treatment and medical training for further consideration.
- Note: Former board of director, as validated by new board of directors, will assume the responsibility of association’s routine affairs from the said ministry.
- Art. 17. Duties and authorities of board of directors.
- 17.1. Cll and convocation of both ordinary and extra-ordinary general assembly.
- 17.2. Administer the decisions made in general assemblies
- 17.3. Hold presentation meeting and that of scientific, technical and research conferences by observing current applicable laws and regulations.
- 17.4. Prepare applicable laws, regulations ans by – laws
- 17.5. Preparean annual report on assaciation’s activities for presenting it to general assembly.
- 17.6. Prepare balance sheet and submit it to general assembly
- 17.7. Receive and accept donations and finacial aids for Association.
- 17.8. Recommeud for reforms and alterations in the constitution.
- 17.9. Manage the association routines within the provisions of constitution.
- 17.10. Establish different executive and special major committees and determine the tupe of activities and supervise them.
- 17.11. Appaint and introduce association’s representatives to interal and extrnal scientific assemblies by observing national laws and regulations.
- 17.12. Bring an action against real and legal personalities and defend one’s claims laid against the Association to all jurical authorities and judical processes have the right to adopt an attorney and sub-atlorneys.
- 17.13. Adopt a decision on making the assoccation to be affiliated as a member to all internal and external assemblies by observing national applicable laws and regulations.
- 17.14. Propose the extraordinary general assembly to have the association wound up.
- Chapter 6. Miscelfaneous:
- Art. 26: Plans and projects and other provisions that are incorporated in the constitution shall be carried into force if they are any how realized to have anything to do with the functions of one ministry or. Public establishment and subject to the approvals and agreements of any concerned authorities.
- Art. 27. This constituion cantains six chapters, 26 articles and 16 notes and was aproved by general assembly of the association on 22th December, 1992.